Call Your State Representatives 2017-04-17T00:39:45+00:00

Call Your Legislators

Find Your Legislators

Tell Your Senator To Co-Sponsor SB 329

Bill Text Senate Bill 329

Tell Your Rep. To Co-Author HB 547

Bill Text House Bill 547

Sample Language

Live in Texas? Were you adopted in Texas? We need YOUR HELP!

You can find out who your State Reps are here ; then click on their websites and get their contact information.

Or you can call the Texas state capitol and be connected with a friendly operator who will to tell you WHO is your state representative and then connect you to their office! Call 512. 463.4630 and simply tell the operator you need to find out who is your Texas State Representative and then get the offices number so you can call them later. Ask to be connected.

When you are connected to their office, get the name of the person you are speaking with and politely tell them:

” I am a constituent (you live in their district) or I am an interested party because (you were born in the district, adopted in the district, etc and the courts there control your access to your birth certificate, etc)”

“I am calling to ask that Representative _____________ support SB329 which will allow adult adopted person’s to have their original birth certificate. I think this is important because ___________.”

Tell them you will be following HB547 and want it to pass and get their office number so you can then send a letter.

When we get a Senate Bill number, we will let you know and you can do this same thing to get your Texas State Senator to support that bill.

We are working very hard, every day, to get the law changed here in Texas, please help by making phone call, writing letters, etc.